Updates

The Chess application did drop yesterday! I sent this email blast yesterday that may be helpful.

Greetings Mighty Monarch Colleagues,

I’m Jason Martin, one of the Product Managers at APH who has been working closely with our Monarch application development team. I may have met a few of you through our trainings in Orlando and Texas, or perhaps you were a member of the original field testing. I’m reaching out to all of our training participants for your help with field testing two new applications that we have been working on: Monarch Startup and Monarch Chess. Monarch Startup will be the program that serves as the first introduction to the device and works as a tutorial to learn basic functions. Monarch Chess is an application we chose specifically to reinforce the Point-to-Click method of interaction with the Monarch. Chess has two major components, the complete game of tactile Chess where one can play against the computer or human opponent, and the tutorial which explains the unique elements of Monarch Chess and how to play it. There’s a great Chess blog post if you are interested in reading more about our thought process.

The Field Test:

We would like you and your students to try out our new applications and take a short survey. We hope that you as a professional can give us your input to drive the development process further and we would love to get as many students as possible to give these applications a spin. We do understand that the summer is not exactly the best time to get student data, so we have stretched the field testing dates as far as we could from today May 16th to August 23rd. We need your feedback on both applications, but if you can only make time for one survey, the feedback is still extremely useful.

The best part about this field test is that if you’ve updated your Monarch, you should already have access to the Startup application. Today, if you update using KeyUpdater, your device will gain access to the Monarch Chess application. Take some time and explore both applications then give us your thoughts.

The two application surveys can be found at the following links:

Monarch Startup

Monarch Chess

I hope you all have a great time playing with butterflies and competing in chess. If you have any questions about this field test, feel free to reach out.

Jason Martin

2 Likes

Christina, I was able to try out the chess once I updated my Monarch. I hope you get your problem quickly with Jason. It is very cool and I don’t know how to play chess. I only know the moves of the pieces. One of my students says that the AI is unforgiving!

I was able to try out the Monarch startup with one of my students and she loved it. She learned so much and said wow this game is really neat. I wish they come out with more neat games like this that I can actually play and understand. Her favorite part was finding the butterfly in the different spots on the screen. She then wanted to test Monarch Chess since Chess is one of her favorite games. She did not have much time to test and wants to go back and play a complete game. Seeing the excitement on the students faces make a big difference!

1 Like

My student also enjoyed the startup and loved the interaction. I would also love to see more activities like this.

It is so exciting how far the device has come in the past year! The possibilities are endless!!! Keep soaring!