Flight Deck (Questions?)

Park your questions from the training here!

Will the membranes be available on Quota?

1 Like

Any chance there is an ‘Undo’ command for the word processor (or braille editor)?

1 Like

Will students be able to access Google platform? Many schools are switching to Google for everything and if the Monarch cannot connect to it, students will need to still have their laptops with them to access their assignments.

4 Likes

Can the UEB text and inserted math be the same?

Question:
In KeyWord is there a way to make the visual display match the braille display in terms of line length. For example the “next line” shortcut takes you to the next print line, which is not the same a the beginning of the next braille line on the display.

Question: spoken graph coordinates— is there a way to set it to speak the coordinates to the nearest tenth (rather than hundredths) to simplify for younger users.

1 Like

Question: creating math in KeyWord— is there a way for students to type math problems using vertical arrangement so they can do the carrying/cancelling with the benefit of editing in real time?

Hello,

When I’m working with sine, cosine and tangent, when I input those types of equations - they graph on the computer, but the monarch will not show the graph with the enter+g command nor can I erase the equation with backspace+2-3-5-6. It’s like those shortcuts get disabled.

Ok, so I’ve encountered a problem with my Monarch. It has completely frozen and gone unresponsive. It’s frozen with the screen of the Eiffel tower in tactile images. I have tried refreshing it and charging it, but nothing is working.

Prior to it freezing, it said it had 33% battery life. When I plugged the charger in, the red light appeared and that is all. Still nothing. Any help please!

Thanks,
Katie
IMG_0377

Nothing is working. Where the power button is on the left top side there is a red light that is on. When I go to power it on and listen closely I can hear a noise at the right side like its trying to start almost like a “zipping” sound.

I have tried a forced reset like described in troubleshooting as a last resort.

Hi! Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to do a hard reset. Let us know if this works for you.

The quick answer to this is yes. If you are working within your word doucment, adding math equations you would need to tell Monarch by pressing Enter + M. Once you have entered your equation the math expression will be inbetween two markers to help you identify that this is a math expression and not UEB text. This will also work when bring in math content already prepaired from the teacher. The student can continue to read all the questions and Math using UEB. For those asking for Nemeth math, providing you have your preferred math code set to Nemeth, then anything inbetween the markers should be correctly read in Nemeth braile while questions will be in UEB. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Does anyone else find this discussion board format difficult to use? Am I correct that I have to go back to the links to access the different sections in which we are to post?

1 Like

Hello Jennifer! The links were provided to give you a direct way in. However, once you are logged into the site you may navigate within discussion board. This is the landing page where you will find all the topics together. Latest APH Products/Monarch topics - APH Hive Discussion Board

1 Like

Yes, I do not think it is user friendly but I hope difficult now. I guess I am on a learning curve for this as well as the Monarch.

1 Like

You got this Miriam! You are one smart lady and by the end of this you will be an expert in both the Monarch and discussion boards! Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to assist you better. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

That is the case with some things right now while we are still in beta. Some context menu items won’t be available and some shortcut keys won’t be available. Thank you for making note of it.

How do we update the Monarch?

1 Like

Hello all, I Hope all is well with you.

I need some help inserting line breaks in an expression. For example, a teacher would like to see a problem worked out step by step; when I press enter in keymath to continue solving the problem, it puts what I have in a list as if it is completed; I can’t remember or find a command for this.

1 Like