Enroll in the Hive course
Course Description: Between maps, graphs, political cartoons, and diagrams, images are unavoidable in the social sciences. Offering equitable access to this subject matter remains challenging and can lead to delays in the delivery of braille. When judiciously applied, image descriptions provide students immediate and enhanced access to these difficult materials in the classroom. Attend this webinar and learn how to create meaningful and effective image descriptions in braille for a variety of visual content used in social studies.
ACVREP credit hours: 2.5
- Define an image description
- Evaluate when it is appropriate to use an image description
- Recognize the basics of effective image descriptions
- Compare braille formatting options for image descriptions
- Locate resources to aid in writing image descriptions