Introductions!

Use this space for introductions.

Hello!!! It is so wonderful to be here!!! IMy Name is Michael Willis. I am an American Born citizen now residing in the Continent of Africa. I desire to Provide Unified English Braille to the Continent. I am A Certified Braille Transcriber and I love to provide and produce Braille.

I can’t wait to get updates and follow up on knowledge and be a part of this community to the Optimal degree.

3 Likes

Hello Michael! Welcome to the discussion board!

Thank you so very much. It is an honor to be apart of something so amazingly beautiful! Let work !

2 Likes

Where can I find the Polly presentation power point?

The Polly power point can be found here.

1 Like

The PASSHE DEI Summit is the Pennsylvania State Systems of Higher Education DEI Summit. It will take place November 8 - 10. I will be a keynote speaker. More info here: 2023 DEI Summit | PA State System of Higher Education

4 Likes

Hi! My name is Kristin and I am a TVI / OM in WI. Thank you for these opportunities.

3 Likes

Hi there. My name is Luisa Cadeza-Lujan, I am a 1:1 para for a visually impaired student. I have been with this student for more than 4 years and have learned a lot about visually impaired student as well as braille.

3 Likes

Hello,
My Name is Chelsea Hale and I live in between Buffalo and Rochester NY. I work as a teacher for the visually impaired and orientation and mobility instructor with around seventeen students.

I have a senior who is a primary Braille user and she plans to attend college. I am REALLY excited to try this device with her.

Chelsea

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Teresa Pilgram. I live in Port Lavaca, Texas (an hour and a half south of Houston, TX). I am a TVI/COMS. I was an educational diagnostician for over 20 years prior to this job and an English teacher before that! I currently have 2 braille students and several other students who are low vision only. I am working hard to learn technology to keep up with my older braille student! He is learning how to use the Mantis and JAWS currently. He is very far behind in math, so we are still doing basics for that. I am looking forward to learning about the Monarch and hearing of your experiences and expertise!! To me, AT is a fun, but somewhat intimidating challenge!!

3 Likes

Hello. My name is Renee and I am very excited to be able to learn about the Monarch and bring this technology to my student.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Lealisa and work as a Special Education Para and braille transcriber for a school district. I’m very excited to learn about the Monarch and utilize it with students I work with.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Shelley Franklin. I live in Jackson, MS. I am a TVI at the Mississippi School for the Blind. I currently have ten braille students from Kindergarten to 12TH grade. I also currently teach psychology/sociology and piano. I have previously taught 7TH and 8TH grade English, elementary music, middle and high school choir, and AP World History - modern. I am excited to learn about the Monarch and how I can use it with my students.

2 Likes

Hi! My name is Parisa Lamarra, and I am a TVI in Southern California. I’m looking forward to becoming more familiar with the Monarch and using it with my students.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Lisa and am a TVI in Southern California as well. I’m excited to learn more about the Monarch and how I can use it with my students.

3 Likes

Hello! My name is Trecia Shales and I am a TVI in Wisconsin. I am excited to take the Monarch training in April!

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Theresa and I am a TVI in New York. I am looking forward to training tomorrow in Baltimore!

2 Likes

Hello. My name is Nancy and I am a CATIS, TVI in Colorado. I’m looking forward to the Monarch training in April.

3 Likes