September Question of the Month: Math Tools and Strategies

Hello Southwest friends,

Happy September to you!

What math strategies and tools have you found to be most successful and fun to use with your students who have visual impairments, including those with multiple disabilities?

Last fall my 9th grade student used her talking graphing calculator for the first time. This worked well in her Algebra class converting visual graph data into sound. I’d like to teach her how to use Desmos with Jaws too.
Using the Monarch has been wonderful, but still trying to figure out how to upload work using MathType. Would love to get more tutorials regarding Math.

1 Like

How exciting! If you have any lesson plans or activities for teaching students to use the calculator or any other resources you have found helpful, I would love to see them.

I’m glad that you mentioned the Monarch and math. I will start working on a MathType tutorial. For now, if you’d like to post any questions or specific challenges that you are having, either here or in the Monarch discussion board, I and others on our team will be glad to help with anything you need and it will be great for others too.

1 Like