Missing graphics in Tactile Viewer

I went into Tactile Viewer and am missing some graphics. Earlier yesterday I had seen rt/left hand and foot graphics. Went to show it to my student later and noticed many were gone. Couldn’t find any of the tangrams either. Did I do something? I refreshed and powered down. TIA for your help!

I know I try to look for graphics on the APH library on my computer ahead of time and then when I show my student they aren’t there. Not sure if they were there before but I don’t see all the ones that are in the library.

Could you give me an example of the file that you are looking at on the computer based library, I can attempt to verify what’s happening. You can always manually transfer the file, but we’d all prefer if it was just searchable on both devices.

1 Like

When looking for these graphics, are you connected to WIFI and searching directly on the TGIL, or are you downloading graphics ahead of time to your Monarch and trying to find them through the “Open,” option within Tactile Viewer? Because the TGIL is always changing and is a live site, assets may be moved around or updated at times, so finding a graphic that you want to show your student offline, it is a good practice to find it, and then press space with S when viewing the graphic to save it to your device’s downloads folder so it will be there for sure.

1 Like

I was in Open of the Tactile Viewer looking at the graphics that were stocked on the Monarch. There were over 2 pages (viewed on a separate monitor) of graphics when I first looked. There was a right and left hand and foot, tangrams, and others. When I went back to “Open” there was only a one-page list. I was on the internet. I haven’t downloaded any graphics onto the Monarch yet. And I wasn’t in TGIL, I had just clicked on Open. I also thought that I could look at all the pre-loaded graphics in Tactile Viewer without being connected to the internet and that to use TGIL I had to be connected to the internet. ?

On the Tactile Graphic Library we looked under Science then life science and then pressed f for food chain. On the website it says Food Chain Energy Movement. But when doing first letter navigation it wasn’t there. I looked now and on the Monarch it says Energy Movement Food Chain so the order is reversed so might make it difficult with first letter navigation if a teacher is looking on the library on the computer.

Hi. Thanks for noticing this difference between the TGIL website and the Monarch. The Monarch API is set up to display search results not by the the title of the image in TGIL, but by the name of the file. Generally, these will be very similar but not always. We’ll change the file name in this case so that they will match going forward and we’ll also see what options we may have going forward to display additional metadata on the Monarch when folks are using the TGIL app. I can definitely understand how this could be confusing, so thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

Hi, all. I wanted to let everyone know that we have implemented a workaround so that teachers will know what file name they will see when searching the TGIL using the Monarch. File name now appears in the search results information. We are working with the Monarch software developer to provide a resolution to the underlying issue. For now, however, just be aware that if you search the TGIL website and then look for an item using the Monarch’s TGIL app, you want to look for the file name in your search results. Please feel free out reach out to us at tgfeedback@aph.org if you have any questions. Thanks!
Nicole

1 Like