College/graduate school and the Monarch

As many of us in this discussion are aware, it seems that the Monarch is being prioritized for students in K-12 educational settings. As such, I am often asked the general question of how someone can get their hands on such a device when it becomes available to a larger audience later this year. I will be teaching a mini course to introduce multi-line refreshable braille and graphics, and just about all my students are entering college or working professionals. I understand that the student pilot program and the pre-order process (which would use Federal Quota funds) only applies to those still in K-12 and their TVI’s. Is anyone aware of other avenues that high school grads could take in obtaining a Monarch to use in higher education or in a work setting? Is it a device that a state commission for the blind might be able to sponsor a student for, just as with current and past braille note-takers? One of the people who attended my training session recently told me she thought the most likely way was taking part in a similar teacher training, given the current price tag and infrastructure that’s still being developed to fully utilize the product. (Things like the EBRF file format and all the textbooks that’ll be transcribed for students going forward.) Any information that might be relevant to this segment of the population would be much appreciated.